Turmeric also called as the Indian saffron, a Spice that comes from the turmeric plant with warm bitter taste.
Turmeric is made of the ground roots of a plant which is washed and powered. Thus the processed ground turmeric is the major ingredient in the curry powder.
The turmeric root is also used in making medicine. The yellow colored is due to the chemical called Curcumin which is sometimes used in cosmetics as well. In Tradition Indian style it is used for a variety of Health conditions.
The Western medicine has used
turmeric for pain reliving and healing purposes. It is used for conditions involving inflammation, it is also used for hay fever, cholesterol.
This Article will help you in knowing the benefits of turmeric and some negative side effects of using turmeric.
Benefits of Turmeric
- First let’s go at the positive side of Turmeric and the yellow component of it.
- Taking Turmeric during hay fever is beneficial to reduce the hay fever symptoms for itching , running nose and congestion
- Anti-inflammatory properties : Turmeric capsules are present in the quantity of 400 -600 mg , these capsules can be taken up to 2 times a day to relieve pain from arthritis. The Arthritis foundation has done several studies in which turmeric has reduced inflammation to a great extent.
Pain relief properties :
- Turmeric is said to have pain relieving properties as well.
- Helps in lowering the cholesterol in the blood : The blood fats called as the tringlycerides are lowered by the use of Turmeric . there are many products which have turmeric extracts and helps in the reducing of blood fats.
- Beneficial for liver : The Antioxidant property of turmeric helps to stop the liver from getting damaged by toxins Those who consume more tablets tend t damage the liver in the long term use , so in order to reduce the impact turmeric is beneficial, it prevents the buildup of more fat in the liver in the people with this condition.
- Reduces the risk of Cancer : Studies suggest that the element Curcumin present in the Turmeric reduces the risk of cancer such as Pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer.
- Digestion : Turmeric helps in Digestion and it also acts flavor to food , the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties contributes in the healthy digestion of the foods.
- The spice also acts as a treatment for Irritable bowel syndrome. (Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the large intestine. Signs and symptoms include cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea or constipation, or both)
- Itching : Research suggests that taking turmeric reduces the itching in long term kidney disease.
- Turmeric can be used as a barbecue rub as a dressing thus helping in the direction of consuming turmeric.