How important is a good body posture?
Good posture is an important part of the health, it helps you to look at your best form. It also gives you confidence.
Some advantages of Good posture include:
- Decreases the wearing of joint surfaces which leads to arthritis.
- Prevents back pain and muscular pain.
- Contributes to a good appearance.
- Helps keep the bones and joints in the correct alignments which make the muscles used properly and efficiently.
Ever noticed that, wearing a coat or a wedding dress (in South Asian Countries) improves your look. The major part of the look is due to the improvement in posture look caused by the coat worn ( its just an illusion caused by the outer outfit worn.
Now you know the importance of a good body posture.
What is Posture?
Posture is how you hold your body while sitting, standing, bending over to pick something form ground or moving. Good posture is the correct alignment of body parts supported by the right muscles.
Most of the body depends on the position of the spine/back. The back is again divided into 3 –the neck, mid back and lower back and the perfect combination of the three mentioned above will give you a good posture.
Generally we don’t consciously maintain a normal posture, it just happens subconsciously, some muscles do it for us and we don’t even have to think about it.
You may also like:
- 12 Protein Rich Food
- 14 Fiber rich food to eat healthy
- Sara Ali Khan Workout Routine and diet plan
- Walking Vs. Running (Jogging)
What is a Good posture?
Good posture in involves the body positions where least strain is placed on the supporting muscles and the ligaments during movements.
Factors contributing to poor posture: There are several factors which lead to the poor posture of the body the most common of them are stress, obesity, weak postural muscle, pregnancy and high heel boots. Additionally, a poor work environment, unhealthy sitting, decreased flexibility also contributes to poor body positioning.
How to improve my posture?
- One Should be mindful of their posture during everyday activities like while using PC , watching television or while simply sitting.
- Activeness is also important, one of the important thing to correct the posture is Planks , that nobody bothers. Doing Yoga also helps in the same.
- Healthy weight is to be maintained as extra weight can weaken abdominal muscles and can cause problems of spine and pelvis.
- Low heeled shoes to be worn.
- We spend a lot of time sitting – either at work, at school or at home. Its quite important to take frequent breaks.
- So while spending the time in such a situation, take breaks go for a walk.
- While sitting too make sure that the back gets the support
- While standing, stand up straight and tall, keep your shoulders back.
- Arms should be left to hang down naturally.
With proper practice you can improve your posture and you will look and feel better.