Some people are extremely crazy about Paleo foods they eat either to get healthier and leaner. They generally follow a Paleo Diet plan accordingly.
Paleo comes from Paleolithic era which is a period which existed 2.5 million years to 10,000 years ago. At this time basically humans were hunters and used to eat food they found while they used to roam.
As per the era, Paleo Diet is also called as Paleolithic Diet, Stone Age Diet, Hunter-gatherer Diet and Caveman Diet. All though researchers didn’t exactly know what our ancestors ate, but there assumption is that our ancestors ate whole food.
The Paleo Diet makes us to return to the way in which early humans and nomads ate.
You are following a Paleo Diet plan because you want to lose weight or want to maintain a Healthy Weight.
Paleo had gained a lot of following in as well as out of the world of bodybuilding. People have their own views regarding Paleo Diet and Bodybuilding, some believe that Paleo Meal is suitable for bodybuilders and others think Paleo is not for Bodybuilding at all.
The Paleo Diet Contents:
A Paleo Diet includes lean meat ,seafood,fish, eggs,nuts ,seeds, vegetables and fruits. These days people who follow the Paleo Meal eats all the things mentioned in the above line.
Paleo Diet limits food that became common when farming emerged 10000 years ago , these foods include dairy product , legumes and grains. Processed and refined foods are also a big no no.
After following a Whole food-based die and leading a active life like hunting for for food. The people that time had much lower rate of lifestyle diseases, such as Obesity , Diabetes ,High Blood Pressure and Heart Diseases.
Some Studies also suggest that this kind of diet can also lead to significant weight loss and make you feel good.
So, In a nutshell let me provide you with What to Eat and What not to Eat.
What to Eat :
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Nuts and Seeds
- Fish : As they are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. A good Example of such fishes are Salmon , Tuna fish and Mackerel.
- Lean Meat : Grass Fed Animals.
- And To Top it all , it is good if the food is fried or made with fruit or Nut oils( i.e Olive oil or Walnet oil or Coconut oil)
What To Avoid :
- Dairy products
- Legumes , lentils , peanuts and beans
- Refined sugar
- Highly processed food
- High Carbohydrates
How is Paleo Diet different from other healthy Bodybuilding diets:
The only difference between the diet is the absence of whole grains and legumes and dairy products as well . other than that it is the same .
- Paleo Diet Meal is good For those who are wanting to lose weight quickly.
- IT is a way which provides a Diet without worrying about the calorie consumption.
- It is a Diet plan which has high protein content.
- Due to the elimination of refined sugar and processed food Paleo Diet helps to have a good sleep at night.
The biggest disadvantage of Paleo Meal for a Body Builder is that, it restricts most forms of carbohydrates even though fruits and vegetables are added in the diet but due to its consumption it doesn’t provide to fuel your workout session.
Effects of Eating Paleo :
After following a Paleo Meal for few days , you will see the following changes in your body:
- More weight loss
- Improved Blood Pressure Control
- Good Balanced Diet
- Better sleep patterns