It has been quite confusing that whether one should run or walk?
If Walk, then should he/she involve Brisk walking or normal walk ? what will be the benefits of walking briskly over walking normally?
Will running burn more Calories?
So after reading this article, it will clear off the doubt of walking verses the jogging scenario.
It starts with both walking and running being excellent form of aerobic cardiovascular activity. According to the age neither of them is better than the other. But still the choice depends on fitness and health goals.
For a complete beginners walking is a good choice for few initial days and later slowly shift your focus to running/ jogging as burning more calories also comes in the picture. Else after a few days, begining with(interval walking)i.e jogging/brisk walking for a min and walking for 2 mins and continuing the same on a treadmill.
For a better health take out around 150 minutes per week for the same purpose.
Benefits of walking/ running
- It helps in maintaining healthy weight and lose weight.
- It helps in increasing the stamina
- Helps in the condition of the heart and strengthens it.
- Helps boost the immune system
- Very good for mental health.
- Improves mood and self-esteem.
- This activity reduces anxiety and depression.
- In a study it is said that it’s not necessary to exercise for 30 minutes continuously one can walk for 10 minutes 3 times a day and still get the same health benefits.
- If you’re looking to burn more calories or lose weight fast, running is a better choice. But walking can also offer numerous benefits for your health, including helping you maintain a healthy weight.
Is Walking better than Running ?
As per the calorie count is considered, running burns nearly double the calories as of walking, and burning around 3,500 calories will help in reducing about 1 pound(0.45kg) of fat. So now comes the diet , if you cut the intake of about 500 to 1000 calories a day , 1-2 pounds of weight is gone from your body due to diet.
So the above point may be considered if weight loss is considered.
If you are new to Running and still want to get in shape, you can do walking and get in shape at the initial stages and after a point , it will take more efforts to burn the remaining fat and by that level you should get used to jogging/brisk walking to loose the extra fat.
Walking with a weighted vest.
So if you are unable to follow the brisk walking or jogging thing due to any personal or other reason, walking with a vest will help you out.
Walking with a weighted vest will increase the number of calories you burn.
As a safety instruction, you should wear a vest that’s no more than 6-10 percent of your body weight.
You may also like :
- Gym or Yoga? The better one
- Why do I get Pain after workout: (DOMS) ?
- 14 Fiber rich food to eat healthy
- 12 Protein Rich Food
- Bodybuilding Diet Meal Breakup
Inclined walking is another alternative for beginners or if you couldn’t run. You could burn more calories while walking on inclined surface rather than a flat one.
Incline walking involves walking uphill. It can burn a similar number of calories as running. You burn more calories at an incline surface than just walking on a flat surface.
Note : To be followed under a professional expert advice, if injured or was injured previously or have difficulty while walking.
Happy Walking 🙂